For the chips:
- Peeled potatoes – 2 pounds
- Vegetable oil/ Lard/ Drippings (to cook) – 2 ltr
Steps Involved in Cooking:
- 1 .In a large roomy bowl, mix the all but two tablespoons of the flour with the 2 ounces of corn starch and 1-teaspoon baking powder. Season lightly with a tiny pinch of salt and pepper.
- 2 .Using a fork, and whisking continuously, add the beer and the water to the flour mixture and continue mixing until you have a thick, smooth batter. Place the batter in the fridge to rest for between 30 minutes and an hour.
- 3 .Cut the potatoes into 1-centimeter slices, then slice these into 1-centimeter-wide chips. Place the chips into a colander and rinse under cold running water.
- 4 .Place the washed chips into a pan of cold water, bring to a gentle boil and simmer for 3 to 4 minutes.
- 5 .Drain carefully through a colander then dry with kitchen paper. Keep in the fridge covered with kitchen paper until needed.
Now share your recipes with the community!Submit your recipe
No reviews for this Repice